Why I Started Running
I first became interested in running in 7th grade when I joined the Memorial Middle School cross country team with the promise of doughnuts after our morning practices. Running quickly became my thing. I continued running all throughout high school, participating in cross country in the fall and track in the spring.
I didn’t run much throughout college. It wasn’t until a year after graduation that I decided I wanted to start running again and get back in shape. In January 2013, I set out to complete a marathon. I achieved that goal nine months later, shedding 35 pounds in the process.
Since finishing that first marathon, I have been hooked. I continue training for the marathon and pushing myself to new personal bests. I run to stay in shape and for the sense of accomplishment and the high it gives me. My long-term running goals are to run a sub 3-hour marathon and someday make it to the Boston Marathon starting line.
Marathon: 3:03:40 (2015)
Half Marathon: 1:30:33 (2014)
• Scheels Fargo Marathon (2016) 3:14:47
• Bank of America Chicago Marathon (2015) 3:03:40
• Grandma’s Marathon (2015) 3:11:25
• Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon (2014) 3:36:00
• GO! St. Louis Marathon (2014) 3:13:41
• IMT Des Moines Marathon (2013) 3:26:45
• Sioux Falls Marathon (2013) 3:54:54
• Sioux Falls Half Marathon (2014) 1:30:33
• Avera Race Against Breast Cancer 10K (2013) 44:01
• Sioux Glow 5K (2013) 22:03
• Spearfish CASA 5K (2013) 22:19
• St. Patty’s Day 5K (2013) 21:07
Altra, Asics, Bodyglide, Feetures, Garmin, GU, HOKA ONE ONE, Nike, NipGuards, PowerBar, Runkeeper, SmartWool, Tifosi, TriggerPoint Performance, Ultimate Direction, Under Armour